Steribar HPP is a completely automated machine which allows to handle juices and food packaged in bottles or other containers, with the goal to increase the shelf-life of fresh foods. To improve the shelf-life of food, Steribar uses the cold high pressure. This process , also called pascalisation of the food does not use a heat treatment as pasteurization to stabilize food nor preservatives. It allows on one hand to keep food longer, and on the other hand to preserve all the organoleptic qualities, and nutritional contributions.
Machine operating process, cold high pressure treatment: Steribar HPP
The machine works according to the following cycle:
- Arrival of bottles on an online conveyor
- Laying down of the bottles
- Automatic loading of bottles in the high-pressure vessel
- Closure of the vessel
- Filling and pressure rise up by means of a medium-pressure pump and by means of a pressure intensifier
- Infringement of the pressure setpoint and possible holding of this pressure during a preset time
- Fast depressurization of the vessel
- Opening of the vessel
- Unloading of the processed products and simultaneous loading of the following load of products
- Automatic stand up of bottles and alignment in the conveyor of exit towards the packaging machine.
THE STERIBAR REQUIRES NO MANUAL INTERVENTION AND HAS A TOTALLY AUTOMATED AND AUTONOMOUS RUNNING.
The total traceability of HPP treatment is recorded, the critical parameters relative to every cycle are checked and registered. In case of deviation with regard to the minimal critical values, the system stops in a way of isolating the non compliant products from the other products.